Friday, December 2, 2011

Spirit of Faith

(Joyce) The things that we get upset about do not fix our problems. The world is not going to change. We need to change our approach.

(JoyceMeyer) Welcome to "enjoying everyday life." once again, thank you for joining us. It does mean a lot to me that you're willing to spend time letting me share the word of God with you. Today we want to talk to you about very simply calming down and cheering up. Both of those are things that the bible tells us we should do. I want to encourage you to open up your hearts, have a spirit of faith, and receive from this lesson today that I taught in Jacksonville, Florida. 

Matthew chapter 11 beginning in verse 28 through verse 30 are such comforting scriptures: come unto me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. The amplified bible says: [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] I want you to notice that he didn't say: I'll refresh your body. He said: I'll refresh your soul. It's not that we don't need physical rest because we most certainly do need physical rest but to be honest with you, you can rest physically and never rest your soul. Your soul is your mind, your will, and your emotions. You can lie down and yet your mind just keeps going. You can lie down and yet you can still be very upset. Matter of fact, some people use the nighttime when they lie down for their worrying. You don't get a right rest when you do that. Jesus said: look, if you're upset about something, come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment