Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Souls Need a Vacation

Joyce Meyer says, if you have a problem and you don't know what to do, come to me. If you have a child that's in trouble, come to me. If you have any kind of a burden, come to me. vs. 29: take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am gentle meek: and humble lowly: in heart, and you will find rest relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet: for your souls. Your soul is your inner life. Let's read that again. 

He said: if you come to me, you'll find something for your inner life, you'll find relief, ease, refreshment, and recreation. It kind of sounds like he's saying that our souls need a vacation. You can take your body on vacation and still yet not get a vacation for your soul. Joyce Meyer tell us that we all really have two lives: we have an outer life and an inner life. I've really come to realize over the last number of years that my inner life really is more important to God than my outer life and my inner life needs a rest. My inner life needs a vacation. My emotions need a vacation. My mind needs a vacation. v. 30: for my yoke is wholesome useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but it's comfortable, gracious, and pleasant:, and my burden is light and easy to be borne. What I want to talk to you tonight about is changing your approach to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment